In this show, Ron and Lexie talk about their own stupid argument and deconstruct it for you.
Ok. We argue too and we don’t always do it “by the book.”
Did we do it wrong? There is not a right way to “argue.”
What was right?
1. We talked about it once we calmed down.
2. During the argument we avoided name calling and we talked from our own feelings and experience.
3. We let our child know that all was okay.
4. We kissed and hugged to make up.
What are we working on?
1. Recognizing our own patterns of ineffective behavior
2. Not telling our partner what he/she is doing wrong
3. HALT acronym. Hungary, Anxious, Lonely, Tired
How do you argue?